Friday, May 16, 2008

grief


sorrow
* * *
The Stages of Grief
by Elizabeth Kubler-Ross' book, "On Death and Dying."
· Denial (this isn't happening to me!)
· Anger (why is this happening to me?)
· Bargaining (I promise I'll be a better person if...)
· Depression (I don't care anymore)
· Acceptance (I'm ready for whatever comes)

Living With An Empty Chair·
A guide to grief by Dr. Roberta Temes
* Numbness (mechanical functioning and social insulation)
· Disorganization (intensely painful feelings of loss)
· Reorganization (re-entry into a more 'normal' social life.)
* * *

remember- josh groban
* * *

remember when it rained- josh groban
* * *


Into The West
Lay down, your sweet and weary head. Night is falling. You have come to journey’s end. Sleep now, and dream of the ones who came before. They are calling, from across a distant shore. Why do you weep? What are these tears upon your face? Soon you will see. All of your fears will pass away. Safe in my arms, you’re only sleeping.

What can you see, on the horizon? Why do the white gulls call? Across the sea, a pale moon rises. The ships have come, to carry you home. And all will turn to silver glass. A light on the water all souls pass.

Hope fades, Into the world of night. Through shadows falling, Out of memory and time. Don’t say, We have come now to the end. White shores are calling. You and I will meet again. And you’ll be here in my arms, Just sleeping.

What can you see, on the horizon? Why do the white gulls call? Across the sea a pale moon rises. The ships have come, to carry you home. And all will turn, to silver glass. A light on the water. Grey ships pass Into the West.
* * *

free

the dance- garth brooks: "I could have missed the pain. But I would have to miss the dance."
* * *

This is a time of gathering and home coming. The pipes are calling.

Mull of Kintyre
Chorus: Mull of Kintyre, Oh mist rolling in from the sea. My desire, is always to be here. Oh mull of Kintyre
1. Far have I travelled and much have I seen. Dark distant mountains and valleys of green. Past painted deserts, the sunset's on fire as he carries me home to the Mull of Kintyre. Chorus
2. Sweep through the heather like deer in the glen. Carry me back to the days I knew then. Nights when we sang like a heavenly choir of the life and the times of the Mull of Kintyre. Chorus
3. Smiles in the sunshine and tears in the rain still take me back where my mem'ries remain. Flickering embers grow higher and higher as they carry me back to the Mull of Kintyre. Chorus
* * *
These songs make good lullabies too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I remember hearing you listen to all of these songs. They're very deep songs, too, but they often have beautiful melodies.