Saturday, April 26, 2008

looking

When you thought I wasn't looking You hung my first painting on the refrigerator And I wanted to paint another. ~ You fed a stray cat And I thought it was good to be kind to animals. ~ You baked a birthday cake just for me And I knew that little things were special things. ~ You said a prayer And I believed there was a God that I could always talk to. ~ You kissed me good-night And I felt loved. ~ I saw tears come from your eyes And I learned that sometimes things hurt -- But that it's alright to cry. ~ You smiled And it made me want to look that pretty too. ~ You cared And I wanted to be everything I could be. ~ When you thought I wasn't looking I looked And wanted to say thanks For all those things you did When you thought I wasn't looking.

No comments: